Learning Goals for the Archaeology Major
Students who major in archaeology should:
- Acquire the basic skills for understanding theory, interpretation, and methods in archaeology
- Develop an ability to analyze archaeological data through the reading and interpretation of archaeological publications and study of primary data
- Conduct analyses and interpretations of material culture in precise, well-organized, and persuasive language, both orally and in writing
- Acquire interdisciplinary knowledge of different past human cultures
- Gain significant knowledge of the material culture of at least one region or thematic issue
- Acquire onsite experience and expertise in archaeological method through fieldwork.