Please submit all paper work to Hope Fisher
December 2015 conferral deadline date:
no later than Friday, October 16th by 4pm
May 2016 conferral deadline date:
no later than Friday, February 26th by 4pm
Please note that if you have any questions or concerns you must schedule an appointment to see the program administrator prior to the deadline.
Departmental honors are conferred upon graduating seniors who meet all three of the following criteria:
- Cumulative and major GPA of at least 3.5.
- Presentation of research findings at the Undergraduate Research Day (URD) or the
Undergraduate Research Symposium (URS). (Please submit an abstract if the deadline date is prior to the presenting date.)
- Letter of recommendation from the research mentor attesting to the student’s significant contribution to the research process. (Email directly to Hope Fisher.)
Students who meet the criteria for honors will receive a special notation in the graduation program and on their transcripts.
Application for Honors
During the semester prior to graduation, students who meet the cumulative GPA requirement for honors will receive an email from Hope Fisher. Note: Students will receive two emails: one from Academic Advising and one from the Behavioral Biology office. The Academic Advising deadline is usually a month after the program deadline since the program administrator needs to verify that all honor applicants indeed meet the requirements, before submitting a final list with names to Academic Advising.
Applications should include:
- Unofficial transcript
- Behavioral Biology GPA Worksheet
- Proof of presentation. Students should make an effort to obtain some proof of presentation upon completion of their chosen poster session or symposium. Please submit a copy rather than an original, as application materials will not be returned.
- Letter of Recommendation. A student’s mentor must complete and email a letter of recommendation prior to the student’s submitting their packet to the Academic Program Administrator. The letter should be emailed directly to Hope Fisher.
- Honors Clearance Form. Please note that the Program Office will submit this form on your behalf.
Please submit all of the above materials to Hope Fisher.