Lecturer in Arabic
The Center for Language Education at Johns Hopkins University invites applications for a full-time Lecturer in Arabic for the Academic Year 2017-2018.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate include teaching a total of 12 contact hours per week.
Minimum qualifications are:
- M.A. in Arabic Studies (with specialization in linguistics, applied linguistics or a closely related field)
- Native or near-native fluency in Arabic and English
- At least 3 years of experience in teaching Arabic as a foreign language at the university level
- Strong grounding in proficiency-oriented instruction
- Strong computer literacy (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Must currently be eligible to be employed in the U.S.
Interested candidates must submit their application and all supporting materials by March 15, 2017, and include:
- Letter of application (cover letter) including statement of teaching philosophy
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and email addresses only of three references
- A video demonstration of your teaching including an introduction of yourself in English and Arabic at the beginning of the video. (We do not accept DVDs by surface mail. A YouTube link address with password is acceptable.)
Your application is not considered complete until all four items above have been submitted. Please do not submit materials other than those listed via Interfolio, otherwise your application will not be considered.
The Center for Language Education is using Interfolio’s ByCommittee to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials free of charge.
Please visit https://apply.interfolio.com/39619 to apply for this position.
For help signing up, accessing your account, or submitting your application please visit interfolio’s help and support section. You can also reach them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (877) 997-8807.