Do I have to have a mentor? Who can serve as a mentor?
All awardees must have a mentor and that mentor must be a full-time Hopkins faculty member.

May I use the award as a stipend?
The award is intended to be used for any research-related expenses, such as travel, equipment, supplies, printing costs, and data collection. The award may also be used as a stipend, if the candidate can demonstrate that a stipend is essential to completion of the project.

Do I get credit for my research?
Not automatically, and not through the DURA. It is, however, possible to get credit for your research by doing an independent study with your mentor. You will need to ask your mentor if he or she is willing to do an independent study with you.

I am a current senior. Can my research extend through the summer after graduation?
No. Your research must be completed and your final project turned in before you graduate.