Processing of visas may take up to 60 days in your home country! The visa application deadline is April 30.
International students accepted for full-time study (three courses) in the Hopkins summer intensive English language program may be issued the F1 Visa. Visas are not granted for part-time study.
- Complete the online application and set up an account to create and submit your application.
- Submit tuition payment of $2,500 plus $50 I-20 processing fee. Once you have created an account and submitted your application, you will have access to the Tuition Payment Form. Complete the form with your preferred payment method and forward it to email@example.com. Tuition and all fees must be paid in full before an I-20 request can be processed.
- Provide proof of health insurance. If you have no health insurance that can be used in the U.S., you must purchase short-term insurance.
NOTE: If you are under the age of 18, you must also obtain the following documents in steps 4-6; if 18 or older, continue to step 7.
- Submit residential fee of $4,550 for housing and meals (include amount on Tuition Payment Form). Please note: This cost is in addition to the ESL tuition of $2,500.
- Provide a letter of certification from a teacher stating that the student has completed two years of English learning experience.
- Complete the Pre-College Summer Program Residential Application and return by April 1 (not required to begin I-20 application for F-1).
- Once we receive the above items, you will receive an email from the Office of International Services at JHU with a university ID number and Limited Access PIN to continue with the online portion of the visa application process.
Items to submit online once you receive your ID and PIN:
- Biographical Information:
- Please complete the online form and upload a PDF of the biographical pages of your passport
- Statement of Financial Capability:
- Upload a PDF of documentation demonstrating financial support (i.e., a bank statement or letter in English from a bank showing that you can cover all your expenses in U.S. dollars during your stay in the U.S.).