Degrees Offered: MBEE
The Johns Hopkins Master of Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship program is intended for biotechnology professionals who want a career beyond the laboratory within an existing biotechnology organization or for those who dream of starting a new biotechnology enterprise. The curriculum provides the interdisciplinary foundation to address the enterprise and regulatory challenges organizations face in the biotechnology industry. Graduates of the program can:
- Formulate strategies that reflect the interdisciplinary nature of the biotechnology industry in the areas of science, regulation and enterprise
- Develop and carry out appropriate leadership strategies to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Create financial and funding strategies for success under various economic situations
- Demonstrate principles of human interrelationships to research, design and development activities, with emphasis upon principles of communication
- Navigate the various steps in the development of a biotechnology derived product: from its inception as intellectual property, to scale-up, to the final product
- Create marketing strategies that achieve organizational goals and objectives
- Formulate product launch strategies in the U.S. and internationally that reflect changes in the regulation of the product approval and marketing process
- Solve organizational problems arising from a legal and technology framework
- Identify, evaluate, and assess risks and payoffs in monetary and non-monetary terms.
Through the Advanced Academic Programs (AAP), the Johns Hopkins University Zanvyl Krieger School of Arts and Sciences offers flexible graduate degrees and certificate programs that respond to the unique educational requirements of working adults seeking to pursue their professional and personal development through academic exploration.
Onsite courses are offered in the evening and on Saturdays to fit your busy schedule. Courses are offered in the fall, spring, and summer terms.
AAP offers classes across four sites: Homewood campus in Baltimore, MD; Washington, D.C., Center near Dupont Circle; Montgomery County Campus in Rockville, MD; and online.
All programs are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.