I am so grateful to have had this first professional experience,
for it was very educational
in so many different ways.
-Alessandra Bautze, Class of 2014
I learned to trust my instincts
when it comes to interviewing people
and to be confident in my abilities.
-Melissa Jordano, Class of 2014
Entertainment internships are a useful starting point for gaining employment in the industry and are a critical way of developing personal contacts, necessary interpersonal skills, and insights into the inner workings of “the business.” Click here to read about Film & Media Studies students' recent internship experiences.
When applying, one often needs to provide the following information by a specified deadline:
- Professional or Personal Statement
- This varies in length and should typically indicate both your professional objectives and reasons for applying. This is your opportunity to set yourself apart from the rest.
- Resume and Cover Letter
- These items should be well maintained and up-to-date and tailored to the internships you are pursuing. Organization is key! The advisors in the Career Center are available for appointments to provide guidance and helpful templates.
- Official Transcripts
- Usually programs ask for at least one copy of your official transcripts, sometimes two. These are to be obtained from the “Transcript Desk” in the Registrar’s Office. Note: there is a protocol to be followed. One must submit a form and the waiting time is usually 2-5 business days. Transcripts cost $5 each, but students are allowed to request one each week for no charge.
- 2-3 Letters of Recommendation
- Be courteous and be sure to give recommenders a sufficient amount of time to complete your recommendation. A minimum of two weeks before the program’s deadline is good practice. Be conscious that recommenders may request information about the internship and your resume for referential purposes.
Student Photography Paid Internship
|Baltimore, MD||Contact: Heidi Herr||Fall & Spring Semesters|
If you have or know of an internship you would like to have posted on this page, please email Megan Ihnen.