My experience at Wide Angle has been life changing for me.
I've learned valuable production skills.
And most importantly, I've learned how to be a teacher
and work with the youth.
-Malcolm Douglas, Class of 2014
I learned to trust my instincts
when it comes to interviewing people
and to be confident in my abilities.
-Melissa Jordano, Class of 2014
Entertainment internships are a useful starting point for gaining employment in the industry and are a critical way of developing personal contacts, necessary interpersonal skills, and insights into the inner workings of “the business.” Click here to read about Film & Media Studies students' recent internship experiences.
When applying, one often needs to provide the following information by a specified deadline:
- Professional or Personal Statement
- This varies in length and should typically indicate both your professional objectives and reasons for applying. This is your opportunity to set yourself apart from the rest.
- Resume and Cover Letter
- These items should be well maintained and up-to-date and tailored to the internships you are pursuing. Organization is key! The advisors in the Career Center are available for appointments to provide guidance and helpful templates.
- Official Transcripts
- Usually programs ask for at least one copy of your official transcripts, sometimes two. These are to be obtained from the “Transcript Desk” in the Registrar’s Office. Note: there is a protocol to be followed. One must submit a form and the waiting time is usually 2-5 business days. Transcripts cost $5 each, but students are allowed to request one each week for no charge.
- 2-3 Letters of Recommendation
- Be courteous and be sure to give recommenders a sufficient amount of time to complete your recommendation. A minimum of two weeks before the program’s deadline is good practice. Be conscious that recommenders may request information about the internship and your resume.
Student Photography Paid Internship
|Baltimore, MD||Contact: Heidi Herr||Fall & Spring Semesters|
If you have or know of an internship you would like to have posted on this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.