Please see the Program major or minor page for corresponding requirements.
For students who enroll in fall 2017 or later:
- Download program requirements and list of courses (PDF)
- Download interactive advising checklists for the major and minor (Excel)
For students who enrolled prior to fall 2017:
Requirements for receiving honors in the GECS major include:
- Obtain a major GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Complete 3 or more credits of independent research or complete a senior thesis rated as good or excellent in quality by the faculty research adviser.
- Present the results of the research orally in the EPS or other appropriate department.
The Office of Academic Advising has additional information about other types of honors that can be earned.