How to Apply

Johns Hopkins welcomes international students from our exchange partners throughout the world. All incoming undergraduate exchange students are received through the Office of Study Abroad at the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences. Exchange applications should be submitted by the Office of Student Mobility at your home institution to the Office of Study Abroad.


Exchange students must be approved by their home institution and applications should be submitted by your home institution to the director of study abroad. If you are coming to Hopkins under an exchange agreement, you must have completed at least one year of university study and be at least 18 years of age. You must also have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or the equivalent and demonstrated proficiency in English.

If you have been speaking English for fewer than five years, you should submit the results of a TOEFL exam with a minimum score of 600 on the written test or a sub-score of 26 (Reading), 26 (Listening), 25 (Speaking), and 23(Writing) on the Internet-based test (iBT). If you do not meet these language requirements, you may be asked to take preparatory English as a Second Language (ESL) courses in the summer prior to your admission.

Application Documents

Applications and supporting documents may be directed to:

Visiting International Student Program Coordinator
Johns Hopkins University
3400 N. Charles Street
Levering Annex 04B
Baltimore, MD 21218
Phone: +1.410.516.7856 (Skype: +1.410.516.6760)
Fax: +1.410.516.7878

Application Deadlines

For fall term or full academic year: March 1
For spring term: October 15