The research administration staff of the Business and Research Administration Office (BARA) is dedicated to providing outstanding customer service to KSAS faculty while ensuring compliance with Federal, sponsor, and university policies and regulations. BARA research administrators work with principal investigators and department staff throughout the process of proposal development and submission, award negotiation, day-to-day award management, and award closeout, serving as a “one stop shop” for all sponsored project-related needs.
In addition to pre-award services such as proposal review and submission and award negotiation, the BARA research administration staff:
- assists departments in preparing proposals through Coeus;
- ensures awareness of and provides education on sponsored projects topics;
- reviews subrecipient invoices to ensure compliance with all sponsor and university requirements;
- ensures compliance with effort reporting requirements;
- serves as a liaison with Sponsored Projects Shared Services; and
- resolves post-award issues, working with departmental staff.
The above list is illustrative rather than exhaustive; the BARA research administrators are here to assist with all sponsored project needs. The information contained on these pages is intended to serve as a guide or “starting point” as you navigate the world of sponsored projects administration. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Sponsored Projects Shared Services Assignments
- Click PDF Document: here for a list of sponsored projects shared services staff departmental assignments (effective August 3, 2015)
- PDF Document: Facilities And Administrative Cost And Fringe Benefit Rate Agreement 6/1/16
- The F&A rates listed are for new awards and competitive renewals starting in fiscal year 2016. Awards entered into during the prior predetermined agreement will remain at the fiscal year 2015 F&A rates for the remaining life of those awards.
Business And Research Administration (BARA)
Wyman Building, Suite N600
3400 N. Charles Street
Baltimore MD 21218-2685
John P Toscano
Vice Dean of Natural Sciences
Daniel A Cronin
Sr. Associate Dean for Finance & Administration
Mary Louise Healy
Director of Research Administration
Sr. Sponsored Projects Officer
For a listing of the Sponsored Projects Officers and the departments to which they are assigned, please click PDF Document: HERE.