2017-2018 Application Year
The online application will become available September 8, 2017 for the 2017-2018 admission cycle. Please be sure to check back for the latest information and updates.
All applicants must submit the online application. Applications will be processed once all materials are received.
The following materials must also be submitted to complete your application:
- Sealed official transcripts from all high schools attended
- Sealed official transcripts or unofficial transcripts from all colleges and graduate schools attended. Please note that unofficial transcripts will be used for an initial evaluation. Applicants who are invited to interview must provide official transcripts at that time.
- One official SAT, ACT, or GRE test score report. If GRE, the report must be of a test taken in the last five years. If the SAT or ACT scores appear on your high school transcript, we will accept them as the official score report. If the scores do not appear on your transcript, you should request an official score report of the SAT, ACT, or GRE to include with your packet or have one sent directly to the Johns Hopkins Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program using the following institution codes:
- 5874 (SAT)
- 5477 (GRE)
- 1729 (ACT)
Please do not use the general Johns Hopkins University code when ordering your reports.
- Acknowledgment Form
- Application fee of $60, through online payment available after submission of application, or by check or money order, made payable to “Johns Hopkins University” and with the applicant’s name in the memo line.
- Two sealed letters of evaluation with cover forms. One letter should come from a member of the faculty in your major area of study from the undergraduate or graduate degree program you attended. An exception will be made if there has been a significant hiatus since you graduated. In that case, you may submit two professional letters of evaluation. The other evaluation should come from another member of the faculty who taught you in college or graduate school, or someone who supervised your employment. Please note that you must complete, sign and provide our required cover forms to each of the evaluators for inclusion with their letters.
To expedite the application process and ensure that materials are not lost, we kindly request that applicants gather required materials and submit them to us at the address below in one envelope when possible. High school transcripts and score reports should be in their original, sealed envelopes. Score reports and transcripts may be mailed to the address below or emailed to email@example.com directly from a high school, college, or testing agency. Signed letters on letterhead with cover forms may be mailed to the address below or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org directly from the writer.
Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program
Johns Hopkins University
3400 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
Timeline and Process
Please make a copy of your complete application for your records.
Please note that admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis. Applications are reviewed in the order in which they become complete. Early receipt of your completed application will help us to provide you with a decision sooner. The 2017–2018 online application for entry in 2018 will open September 8, 2017 and will close February 16, 2018, 5 p.m. EST. We will continue to accept supporting materials for those applications submitted prior to the application’s closing as long as they are post-marked or emailed by February 23, 2018. The application fee must be received by February 23, 2018 as well.
We highly recommend that you check your online application for confirmation of receipt of your application materials. We will notify you when all application materials are received and your application is complete. (Please check your computer settings to allow for email notifications.) It is your responsibility to ensure that all supporting credentials are received. Incomplete applications will not be considered for admission.
Completed applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and selected applicants will be invited to an in-person interview with our staff as well as lunch and a tour with a Hopkins post-bac. This process may take several weeks. When a decision is reached we will notify you immediately. Due to time constraints, we regret that we can only meet with invited applicants.
Applicants invited to interview will be contacted to schedule a date and time for the interview. Following the interview, the Admissions Committee will conduct an extensive review of your application, and you will be notified after the Committee has made a final decision.
If you have questions concerning your application, please contact the Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program Office at email@example.com or 410-516-7748.
Johns Hopkins University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability or veteran status in any student program or activity administered by the university or with regard to admission or employment. Defense Department discrimination in ROTC programs on the basis of sexual orientation conflicts with this university policy. The university is committed to encouraging a change in the Defense Department policy.
Questions regarding Title VI, Title IX, and Section 504 should be referred to the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Programs, 130 Garland Hall, 410-516-8075.