One applied public health clinical, research, or community-based experience is required, consisting of 80 documented hours of work at one site, completed within one calendar year. Students complete biweekly reports and a final synthesizing assignment.
Biweekly reports are to be a minimum of one page, double spaced (300 words); please refer to the Biweekly Reflection Guide for additional suggestions.
The format of the synthesizing assignment can be any one of these three options:
- 8–10-page paper following the manuscript submission guidelines, accompanied by a 300-word abstract
- 36-by-48-inch or larger poster, accompanied by a 300-word abstract. Posters are presented at the JHU Undergraduate Public Health Conference.
- 10-minute VoiceThread presentation, accompanied by a transcript of the audio and a 300-word abstract
- Finishing Intersession 2015: January 26, 2015
- Finishing Spring 2015: May 18 for seniors; May 28, 2015, for non-seniors
- Finishing Summer 2015: August 27, 2015
- Finishing Fall 2015: January 8, 2016