The Arts Innovation Grants are designed to help Johns Hopkins undergraduates create new co-curricular activities or to significantly increase the impact of already existing co-curricular activities in the arts within the university and the greater Baltimore communities.
Eligibility: Full-time JHU students for the academic year 2018–19
Funding from $1,500 to $3,000 may be requested. Proposals should be no more than three pages in length, including one page specifying in complete detail the budget and proposed allocation of the funds requested. All grant proposals should be accompanied by at least one letter from a faculty or staff sponsor who is familiar with the student(s) making the proposal. Grant proposals should include the following:
- Project Description: Summary of proposed project
- Participant(s): Name and contact information for applicant(s)
- Relevance: How will the proposed project strengthen art/cultural opportunities for undergraduates at JHU and/or in the greater Baltimore community?
- Background: What prior experiences have the student or students making the proposal had that makes them likely to be successful?
- Date: Beginning/ending dates of proposed activity.
- Budget: Applicants should submit a detailed budget to support their funding request.
- All projects must be associated with a program or department of Johns Hopkins. Funding will be distributed through the sponsoring department.
Please submit your application, including all required supporting documentation (including a contact name and email address on the cover page) to David Yezzi, associate professor in the Writing Seminars, at email@example.com. Please use the subject line Mellon Arts Innovation Grant Application. If you wish to submit supplementary material in hard copy, please bring it to Yvonne Gobble in the Writing Seminars office, Gilman 081.