Students interested in applying for the Sheridan Libraries DURA or Charles S. Singleton Center Undergraduate Research Awards should follow the instructions on their respective web pages.
The following items are required:
- A two- to three-page, single-spaced proposal that addresses the following:
- The topic to be explored
- Your qualifications for conducting the research
- Your timeline for completion of the project
- Expected outcome of the project (honors thesis, etc.)
- An itemized budget
- How often you and your mentor will meet about the project
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member. Once your application is submitted, ask your recommender to upload the letter where indicated at the top of the application. Recommendation letters should address the following:
- How long and in what capacity you have known the student
- The student’s academic strengths, qualifications, and ability to conduct independent research
You must review the Homewood IRB guidelines prior to submitting your proposal.