The William F. Clinger, Jr. Award will not be making additional awards for the 2017-2018 school year. Undergraduates interested in pursuing independent research are encouraged to explore DURA and the Bander Family Fund Award.
The following items are required:
- A two- to three-page, single-spaced proposal that addresses the following:
- The topic to be explored
- Your qualifications for conducting the research
- Your timeline for completion of the project
- Expected outcome of the project (honors thesis, etc.)
- An itemized budget
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member. Once your application is submitted, ask your recommender to upload the letter where indicated at the top of the application. Recommendation letters should address the following:
- How long and in what capacity you have known the student
- The student’s academic strengths, qualifications, and ability to conduct independent research
You must review the Homewood IRB guidelines prior to submitting your proposal.