In support of the undergraduate writing requirement, Johns Hopkins offers students a wide range of opportunities to explore and develop their writing abilities. Whether you are a first-year pre-med student seeking an introduction to academic writing at Johns Hopkins, a junior psychology major wanting to try your hand at screen writing, or a senior engineering student interested in learning about professional presentation, the Programs of the Writing Consortium offer courses in all of these kinds of writing, and much more.
- For specific information about course offerings, click on the names of the individual programs listed to the left.
- View information about the writing requirement or about transferring writing-intensive credit.
To find a list of all writing-intensive (W) courses offered each semester in all departments and programs across the university, login to ISIS, then follow these directions:
- Under the Registration menu at the top, click on “Search for Classes/Registration.”
- Select the “Advanced Search” option, identify the “Academic Period” (semester) you want to search (for instance, fall 2012),
- At the bottom of the screen, check the box for “Writing Intensive Only” (it says “For AS/EN Undergraduates Only”)
- Click on the “Search” button, and a list of all W courses will appear.
- You may also narrow your search by specifying a particular department.
* * * * *
Our thanks to Professor Ben Vinson III, Dean of Centers, Interdisciplinary Programs, and Graduate Education, whose support of the JHU Writing Consortium made this Web site possible.