Dean Beverly Wendland of the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences at Johns Hopkins University will be leaving her post on July 1, 2020. She has been appointed provost at Washington University in St. Louis.
John Toscano, Professor of Chemistry and Vice Dean for Natural Sciences is acting as the interim dean while the Krieger School mounts a search with the aid of Isaacson, Miller for a new dean.
The Johns Hopkins University seeks nominations and applications for the James B. Knapp Dean of the Zanvyl Krieger School of Arts and Sciences. This is an exceptional opportunity to lead one of the world’s leading research universities for the next decade. As its academic leader, the next Dean will have a unique opportunity to build on the Krieger School’s impressive foundation and its core identity as a rigorous research-intensive school that simultaneously fosters collaboration amongst its departments and centers and across the University, provides a personalized experience for undergraduate and graduate students, and develops deep relationships with the surrounding community.
The Johns Hopkins University has engaged Isaacson, Miller for this search. Confidential inquiries, nominations, and applications should be sent in strict confidence to:
Ponneh Varho, Partner
Jeff Kessner, Managing Associate Sonia Gomez, Senior Associate
Full job description and details
Johns Hopkins is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.
Members of the Search Committee:
- Chair: Sunil Kumar, provost and senior vice president for academic affairs
- Anthony (Tony) Anderson, vice chair, Johns Hopkins University board of trustees
- Hal Brands, Henry A. Kissinger Distinguished Professor of Global Affairs at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS)
- Christopher Cannon, Bloomberg Distinguished Professor of English and Classics, chair of the Department of Classics, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences
- Boi Carpenter, senior associate vice president for development and alumni relations
- Stephen Desiderio, Deputy Director for Basic Science Translational Research, Institute for Clinical and Translational Research; Professor of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine; Director, Institute of Basic Biomedical Sciences Immunobiology; Program Director, Institute for Cell Engineering
- Greg Duffee, Carl Christ Professor of Economics, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences
- Roger Faxon, member of the Johns Hopkins University board of trustees
- Bertrand Garcia-Moreno, Professor and Chair of the Jenkins Department of Biophysics, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences
- Steven Gross, professor and chair of the William H. Miller III Department of Philosophy, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences
- Hahrie Han, Inaugural Director of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Agora Institute and Professor of Political Science, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences
- Martha Jones, Society of Black Alumni Presidential Professor and Professor of History, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences
- Nancy Kass, Vice-Provost for Graduate and Professional Education for Johns Hopkins University; the Phoebe R. Berman Professor of Bioethics and Public Health, in the Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and Deputy Director for Public Health in the Berman Institute of Bioethics
- Geraldine Legendre, professor and chair of the Department of Cognitive Science, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences
- Jaanvi Mahesh, undergraduate student, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences
- Ellen MacKenzie, dean of the Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Maureen Marsh, secretary of the Johns Hopkins board of trustees
- Jasmin Perez, PhD candidate and member of the PhD Advisory Committee, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences
- Mary Jo Salter, Krieger-Eisenhower professor, Writing Seminars, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences
- Darlene Saporu, assistant dean for diversity and inclusion, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences and Whiting School of Engineering
- Alanna Shanahan, vice provost for student affairs
- Nancy “CiCi” Zhang, Undergraduate Student, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences