Undergraduate, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows who will conduct research or receive training (special workshops) related to East Asian studies are welcome to submit proposals. These grants are not intended to fund study abroad or language training alone, although applicants may include language classes as part of a research/training proposal.
The grant for international research is up to $1,800 and for domestic research is up to $600. Priority will be given to East Asian studies majors and graduate students, especially first-time applicants. Recipients for research/training grants will be required to present their findings at a student symposium in the spring.
- Fall: October 30
- Spring: March 31
Submissions must include:
- Application form: Fill out and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, “EASP Research/Training Grant.”
- A proposal (choose one that is applicable to the purpose of your trip):
- For research trip: a 3-5-page research proposal that describes the research question, an overview of existing scholarship, research methodology, travel location(s), local hosting institution, a detailed budget, proposed schedule, and research output (e.g., seminar paper)
- For training participation: a 2-page proposal that includes travel location(s), local hosting institution, a detailed budget, proposed schedule, and goal of the trip (e. g., how the training will enhance your research)
- A formal letter of recommendation from a faculty member. For research grants the letter should be from the faculty member who will be mentoring the research project. The letter should be sent directly to EASP. (Not needed for postdoctoral fellows.)
- Indicate total amount needed in your application.
- Please submit all materials to email@example.com by 3 p.m. EST. Email subject: EASP Research/Training Grant.