Admission to the BS/MS program is selective. Undergraduate neuroscience majors interested in applying must meet the following minimum qualifications before they receive an application packet:
- Completion of no fewer than 6 credits of undergraduate research with Scientific Communication.
- Completion of the neuroscience BS degree requirements prior to entering the BS/MS program.
- A minimum of 3.5 major GPA (including core, upper-level, math, and science).
- A minimum of 3.5 cumulative GPA.
If admitted to the program, the fall semester of application will be the student’s last semester as a BS student. Admitted students will need to withdraw their BS graduation applications (for either December or May), and re-file for the following semester.
Sample Programs – This timeline shows, in detail, the junior and senior year matriculation option to the program.
Completed application packets must be submitted to the academic program administrator by
Application Due: Monday, October 11th at 4:00 p.m.
Matriculation: Spring 2022
Application Due: February/March
Matriculation: Fall 2022
Students that are interested in applying to the program should make an appointment with Dr. Jason Trageser.
The annual deadline is announced each September to all juniors and seniors via email.
Students who are interested in applying for the BS/MS program may do so either in the junior or senior year of undergraduate study. Application packets will be prepared each September.
Students meeting the minimum requirements for consideration will need to schedule an appointment with the neuroscience academic program administrator to detail a timeline for completion of both degrees. At the conclusion of this meeting, qualifying students will be given relevant application materials.
A complete application includes:
- Application for admission for graduate study can be completed through Graduate Admissions. (The application includes a half-page, single-spaced essay about why you are applying to this program and what you would like to accomplish. Use an extra page if you need more space. The GRE is not required for admissions.)
- Application (apply under Neuroscience BS/MS)
- Letters of Recommendation (2)
- Statement of Purpose
- Research proposal
- Official Transcript (this can be requested from the Registrar’s Office)
- Application due by the end of September (date will be determined)
- Applicants will be contacted by the office to setup an interview in mid-October, if chosen.
Eligible students (those who begin the program in their senior year only and/or have completed their eight semester of undergraduate work), are eligible for 50 percent tuition support for their fifth year of study. Eligible students must have a financial aid account prior to the award of the support. For more in financing your education for the fifth year, please visit the Financial Aid website. Current tuition rates can be found on the University website.