Kelley Key – Academic Affairs Administrator, 410-516-7344, Office 366
Pamela McCullough – Academic Program Coordinator, 410-516-8743, Office 366
- Blackboard Help and Knowledgebase: http://help.sset.jhu.edu/display/Bb/Home
- Faculty Enlight – https://www.facultyenlight.com/
- Input textbook information for upcoming semester
- Center for Educational Resources (CER) http://cer.jhu.edu/
- Mission Statement for the Homewood Academic Council: The mission of the Academic Council is to preserve and enhance the academic excellence of the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences and the Whiting School of Engineering. The Academic Council is charged to pursue this mission, whether directly or through its duly appointed subcommittees and designees.
Doctor Philosophy Board
- Mission Statement: The Doctor of Philosophy Board advises the Provost about University-wide issues pertaining to the Ph.D. It approves new degree programs and sets guidelines and policies that affect all Ph.D. students. The Board respects the strong tradition of local autonomy of the Schools and seeks to enhance the visibility and prominence of Ph.D. education across the University.
- Academic Advising: http://www.advising.jhu.edu/philosophy.php
- Undergraduate Research:
- Hopkins Office for Undergraduate Research (HOUR) https://research.jhu.edu/hour/
- Undergraduate Catalog – Policies, procedures, resources and opportunities:
- University Policies: University Policies: http://e-catalog.jhu.edu/undergrad-students/university-policies/
- Physics and Astronomy Academic Advising – Kathy Sindt is a great resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physics and Astronomy Graduate Student Handbook
- Graduate Students: http://e-catalog.jhu.edu/grad-students/graduate-specific-policies/
- Homewood Graduate Board – responsible for the administration of policies and procedures for the award Doctor of Philosophy, PhD of the Schools of Arts and Sciences and Engineering.
- Departmental Examination Regulations: http://physics-astronomy.jhu.edu/graduate/exam-guide/
- Research Exam – departmental exam with a Pass/Fall taken during the start of the 2nd year
- Graduate Board Oral Exam (GBO) – University exam with a pass/conditional pass/fall taken at the start of the 3rd year, and no later than the spring semester of the 3rd
- Thesis Defense – departmental exam focused on the student’s dissertation with a pass/fail
Office of International Services (OIS)
- The Office of International Services (OIS) assists international students, scholars, researchers, clinicians, staff and faculty with visas and immigration. We also support the administrators who assist them.
All submitted comments and suggestions are posted below: