The William H. Miller III Department of Physics and Astronomy provides domain-specific and infrastructure computing support, beyond that provided by the University, which is critical to faculty, researchers, and students in the department.
Information technology support is provided by Jesse Warford and Louie Armstrong. You can find Jesse in room 476 and Louie in 261. For regular requests we recommend sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Jesse is also available at 410-516-6836, and Louie can be reached at 410-516-1273. Feel free to stop by and say ‘Hi’ or to ask any questions!
- Email email@example.com for general IT & computing support for the Physics & Astronomy Department.
Once a ticket is submitted with firstname.lastname@example.org, you should receive an automated reply immediately and contact from an actual human being within a few business hours. If you do not hear from one of us within a reasonable amount of time please contact Ken Rutledge email@example.com, our supervisor directly.
Email contact for other IT services used by some in Physics & Astronomy
- Institute for Data Intensive Engineering and Science (IDIES): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homewood High Performance Compute Cluster (HHPC): email@example.com
- Maryland Advanced Research Computing Center (MARCC): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Compute Servers
- International Travel Recommendations
- IT Security/VPN
- Recommended Hardware
- Mailing Lists
- CrashPlan Endpoint and Restore
- Collaboration & Course Tools
- Cloud Storage
- Printing, Scanning & Faxing