Winner of the Excellence in Teaching and Advising Awards!

• Posted on:
  • Posted in: news

Please join us in congratulating José Luís Rodriguez Aquino(Graduate Assistant Political Science) winner of Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Award.

“Luis … incorporate[d] elements of his own teaching style that broke from the traditional mold while creating a valuable learning environment that is seldom seen from graduate students. In-class debates forced students to explore the different angles of pressing questions. Team competitions offered students a chance to work together outside of the classroom and engage with material in ways most students do not have the opportunity to. The thoughtful and insightful feedback he provided on written work vastly improved my research and writing capabilities in ways that continue to benefit me in upper level political science courses today.”

“I had the pleasure of taking International Politics of the Global South with Luis. I can whole-heartedly say that this class was the best class I have taken during my four years at Johns Hopkins. … His vision to create and educate through real-life situations was one of my favorite aspects of the semester.”