There is a unified form for currently enrolled freshmen, sophomores, and juniors to apply to the DURA, Bander, Clinger, Albstein, and Woodrow Wilson awards. You can only apply to one of these awards each year, but if the reviewers think you would be a better fit for one of the other awards, you may be considered for that award instead.
The application requirements are identical for all of these awards. The following items are required:
- A two- to three-page, single-spaced proposal that addresses the following:
- The topic to be explored
- Your qualifications for conducting the research
- Your timeline for completion of the project
- Expected outcome of the project (honors thesis, etc.)
- How often you and your mentor will meet about the project
- An itemized budget
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Your unofficial transcripts
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member, which should address how long and in what capacity the recommender has known you, along with your academic strengths, qualifications, and ability to conduct independent research.
You must also review the Homewood IRB guidelines prior to submitting your proposal.
The deadline for applications (including completed letters of recommendation) is March 1st.