Minor in Visual Art
Students minoring in visual arts may focus on studio art or digital & analog photography courses or a combination of the two tracks.
Each student’s complete program of study must be approved by the adviser. Advising will be done by the three full time faculty in the CVA; the director (studio art), program coordinator (digital or studio) and the photography coordinator (photography).
- Minors are required to complete five – 3 credit or equivalent visual arts courses.
- One art history course is required.
- One foundation class in drawing or digital photography is required as one of the five courses. This course can be waived under special circumstances and approval of your art minor advisor. These courses include: 371.131 or 371.152.
- At least three of the required courses for the minor must be taken through the Center for Visual Arts program at JHU.
- Students may take courses towards the minor at JHU affiliate institutions such as MICA or an approved study abroad program.
- One 2 credit independent study course in the visual arts may be counted toward the minor.
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade (cannot be graded as S/U) and students must receive a grade of C- or better to apply the course towards the minor.