Minor in Visual Arts
Students may focus on either traditional studio courses or digital photography courses or a combination of the two tracks.
Each student’s complete program of study must be approved by the adviser. Advising will be done by the director (studio) and the photography coordinator (digital).
- At least 6 visual arts-related courses; one art history and five studio/ digital courses.
- One of the two foundation courses must be taken: either 371.131 Studio Drawing I or 371.152 Introduction to Digital Photography.
- At least three of the required courses for the minor must be taken through the Center for Visual Arts program at Hopkins.
- One 2 credit independent study course in the visual arts may be counted toward the minor.
- One history of art course pertinent to the student’s field of interest.
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade (cannot be graded as S/U) and students must receive a grade of C- or better to apply the course towards the minor.
Students may take courses towards the minor at JHU affiliate institutions such as MICA or an approved study abroad program.