JHU's 1st Hopkins-in-Nanjing cohort (l-r, Elaine Yu, Luke Kanter, and Duncan Crystal) after completing the 2012 Shanghai International Marathon!
JHU Business in China Association with U.S. Under Secretary of State Wendy Sherman
- The Fall 2014 EAS Speakers Series is underway. See the list of events here.
- The submission deadline to apply for the Stephen & Lynn Browne Graduate Student Teaching Fellowship in East Asian Studies for Spring 2015 has been extended to September 15, 2014. All ABD students are eligible to apply. Download the application here.
- The submission deadline to apply for the EAS Research/Training and Conference Grants for Winter-Spring 2015 is October 15. Download the application here.
- New Fall 2014 EAS course: AS.310.307 Governance and Politics in China, MW 4:30-5:45pm, Yao Li. See full description here.
- We have three exciting workshops scheduled for Fall 2014: “The History of Meditation and Healing in East Asia” (October 13); “Imagined Communities and Frontier Politics in China” (October 21-22); and “Careers in Foreign Policy” (November 4).
- The third cohort of the China-STEM program have returned from Nanjing! Ian Miller (China-STEM 2014, Health Sciences Track) wrote the following about the program: “Participating in the Hopkins China STEM program was a unique and invaluable opportunity. The tailored scientific language training I received and the connections I made here are priceless. I have spent the early stages of my career wondering how to best integrate my interests in language and science. This program offers an outstanding solution. Through its framework I was able to make meaningful connections with Chinese peers and even establish initial collaborative research projects.” Find out more about the program here.
- Download the latest East Asian Studies newsletter