We welcome undergraduate, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows who will participate in a conference related to East Asian studies to apply for financial support. Students may apply for grants to cover conference expenses up to $600. Preference will be given to East Asian studies majors, post-doctoral fellows in East Asian Studies, and graduate students.
First-time applicants and applicants who have not received EASP travel grants in the previous two semesters will be given priority. Papers will be given preference over posters, and single-authored over co-authored presentations. Grants can be made in advance or by reimbursement. Applicants can apply for travel money for any conference for which they have received notice of formal participation in some form.
Applications are currently postponed due to travel restrictions.
Submissions must include:
- Application form: Fill out and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, “EASP Conference Grant.”
- A copy of the confirmation of presentation (letter or email is acceptable) with the applicant’s name clearly listed as a presenter or performer.
- A two-page proposal, which consists of a presentation abstract, a statement about how the conference participation is relevant to the student’s studies, and a budget listing the specific expenses to be covered by the grant.
- Please indicate total amount needed in your application.
- Please submit all materials to email@example.com by 3 p.m. EST on deadline date. Email subject: EASP Conference Grant.
- Please copy your adviser and ask him or her to submit a brief letter of recommendation endorsing your application and indicating the significance of this conference to your research progress.