We welcome undergraduate, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows who will participate in a conference related to East Asian studies to apply for financial support. Students may apply for grants to cover conference expenses up to $600. Preference will be given to East Asian studies majors and graduate students. First-time applicants and applicants who have not received EASP travel grants in the previous two semesters will be given priority. Papers will be given preference over posters, and single-authored over co-authored presentations. Grants can be made in advance or by reimbursement. Applicants can apply for travel money for any conference for which they have received notice of formal participation in some form.
- Fall: October 15
- Spring: March 31
Submissions should include the following:
- Application Form (Open the PDF with Adobe to fill out electronically and email)
- A copy of the confirmation of presentation (letter or email is acceptable) with the applicant’s name clearly listed as a presenter or performer.
- A 2-page proposal, which consists of a presentation abstract, a statement about how the conference participation is relevant to the student’s studies, and a budget listing the specific expenses to be covered by the grant.
- Indicate total amount needed in your application; extra funds may be available based on need and merit.
- Please submit all materials to email@example.com by 3p.m. EST on deadline date. Email subject: EASP Conference Grant.
- Please copy your adviser and ask him or her to endorse your application with an email response to EASP.