Johns Hopkins University East Asian Studies 2023 Summer Research Internship Program
JHU takes great pride in providing authentic professional research opportunities to undergraduates. In this spirit, East Asia Studies is launching the 2023 Summer Internship Program. The program will:
- Provide EAS majors and minors with hands on opportunities to work with researchers and experts that will be valuable for their professional development.
- Strengthen research skills and competencies.
- Improve students’ understanding of research design and implementation, defining hypotheses, and presenting research findings.
- Acquaint undergraduates with the challenges, opportunities, and ethics requirements that research projects entail.
Internships under the East Asia Studies 2023 Summer Research Internship Program will:
- Last between 6 and 8 weeks, starting at the end of May 2023 and ending no later than the last week of July 2023.
- Be compensated with students receiving a stipend of $3,000.
- Not involve academic credit.
- Require that students:
- Be either sophomores or juniors.
- Do not work concurrently on other internships/ projects/ initiatives (either full or part time).
- Meet regularly with the Principal Investigator (PI) and/or the research team to discuss findings, issues to be addressed, and receive advice and mentoring.
- Deliver tailored research outputs that will contribute to the research project.
- Are able to work both independently and in collaboration.
- Have excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
For the Summer of 2023, the Summer Research Internship Program will hire up to two interns to join:
- Dr Sinisa Vukovic’s (SAIS Sr Lecturer, Conflict Management and Director of the MAGP Program) project on Determinants of Peacekeeping.
- Dr Dore’s project on The Legacy of the 2008 and 2022 Beijing Olympics.
- Ms. Anna Corsi’s World Bank project on Land, Gender and Climate Vulnerability.
To apply, please submit the following no later than February 24, 2023:
- A cover letter stating interest and reasons for applying.
- A short writing sample.
Address your application to Dr Giovanna Maria Dora Dore ([email protected]) with the subject line “EAS 2023 Summer Research Internship Application.”