International Students

Credential Evaluation of Academic Work

We strongly recommend that you submit a professional credential evaluation for all foreign work from one of our recommended resources: One EarthWES, or ECE. Credential evaluations allow the departments to better assess your academic records. 

These evaluations do not replace the transcript; you are still required to upload these documents as instructed. If you already submitted your online application, you can mail or email a copy to the Office of Graduate Admissions and Enrollment.

English Proficiency Exams

Johns Hopkins University requires graduate students to have adequate English proficiency for their course of study. Applicants whose native language is not English must submit proof of their proficiency in English before they can be offered admissions and before a visa certificate can be issued. 

Visiting graduate students and visiting graduate scholars who cannot obtain a TOEFL bulletin and registration form locally should write well in advance of their intended test date to: TOEFL Services, Educational Testing Service, P.O. Box 6151, Princeton, New Jersey 08541-6151, U.S.A. Applications for taking the examination must be received in Princeton, New Jersey, at least four weeks prior to the date on which the test is given. 

You may request an English proficiency test waiver by completing the waiver request inside the application. Please note: For those currently enrolled in a degree program in the U.S., a degree must be conferred within two semesters at the time of application.

Financial Support Documents

If admitted and once you have submitted your intent to enroll, you will receive an email from OIS providing you with instruction on how to submit your documents if applicable.