JHU News-Letter features the research of Woodrow Wilson Fellow Ethan Posner ’26

Ethan Posner, a sophomore Biophysics major, is in his first year of a Woodrow Wilson Fellowship, the prestigious program run by the Office of Undergraduate Research, Scholarly, and Creative Activity (URSCA). Woodrow Wilson Fellows receive $10,000 of funding to support an independent research project that they carry out over three years. Ethan’s project involves an investigation of Outer Membrane Proteins, and the JHU News-Letter chatted with Ethan about his experience working in the Fleming lab and designing his own protocols. While we love the whole article, we especially appreciate Ethan’s reflection on the impact of his Wilson Fellowship:

“Research has allowed me to further my potential in terms of curiosity and exploration. It’s challenged my ability to think outside the box and about a diverse range of problems,” he said. “It also provides a kind of stability because no matter what time of the year it is, I’m always doing research. Even if my classes change, even if my other activities change, I always have research.”

Check out the full story here!