Please submit all paperwork to Linda M. White.
- December 2019 conferral deadline:4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11th
- May 2020 conferral deadline: 4 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21st
If you have any questions or concerns, you must schedule an appointment to see the program administrator prior to the deadline.
Departmental honors are conferred upon graduating seniors who meet the following criteria:
- Cumulative and major GPA of at least 3.5.
- 9 credits of required research.
- Presentation of research findings at the Day of Research in Engineering, Arts, Medicine and Sciences (DREAMS) or the
Undergraduate Research Symposium (URS). (Please submit an abstract if the deadline date is prior to the presenting date.)
- Letter of recommendation from the research mentor attesting to the student’s significant contribution to the research process. (Email directly to Linda M. White.)
Students who meet the criteria for honors will receive a special notation in the graduation program and on their transcripts.
Application for Honors
During the semester prior to graduation, students who meet the cumulative GPA requirement for honors will receive an email from Linda M. White. The Academic Advising deadline is usually a month after the program deadline since the program administrator needs to verify that all honor applicants indeed meet the requirements, before submitting a final list with names to Academic Advising. Please see the Academic Advising website for complete Honors information.
Applications should include the following and be emailed to Linda M. White:
- Unofficial transcript
- Proof of presentation. Students should make an effort to obtain some proof of presentation upon completion of their chosen poster session or symposium. Please submit a copy rather than an original, as application materials will not be returned.
- Letter of recommendation. A student’s mentor must complete and email a letter of recommendation, stating the student’s contribution to the lab, prior to the student submitting his/her packet. The letter should be emailed directly to Linda M. White.