Behavioral Biology students can also look for paid or summer opportunities, which are different from the required for-credit research and internships. Check the research and internships page for details about other databases for opportunities, how to apply for credit, etc. Use these tools or our listings to find your own professional opportunities.
- Our office’s database of summer programs in fields related to cognitive science (many are behavioral, psychological, or neurobiological in nature).
- The NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates (REUs) is paid summer research across the country with top scientists. Deadlines in January and February. Students can search for specific programs on the site.
Post-Bac or Gap Year
Are you looking for a Postbacc research position? Check these out:
The Broad Biomedical Post Bacc Program
The Broad Biomedical Post-Baccalaureate Scholars (BBPS) Program is an innovative, two-year program that offers participants a comprehensive, structured, and immersive experience that includes groundbreaking research and academic and career guidance. The BBPS program is designed to equip each scholar with the personal and professional tools necessary to support their success in the field of biomedical research. Ultimately, this program is intended to help diversify biomedical research through the success of each scholar. BBPS participants will participate in research as paid, full-time Computational Associates or Research Associates, working alongside leading scientists within the Broad Institute.
Applicants must submit two applications for this program in parallel.
1. Application to the Early Career Researchers program for a research position at the Broad Institute
2. Application for the BBPS program.
Primary Review: February 1, 2024
Final Deadline: April 1, 2024
- Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Johns Hopkins University Master of Science in Applied Economics