2020 Summer Research
CIRCUIT is the Cohort-Based Integrated Research Community for Undergraduate Innovation and Trailblazing that offers students $9,000 to participate in cutting-edge research experiences in connectomics (study of connections within an organisms nervous system) at the JHU Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) in Laurel, MD. Students will have the opportunity to build skills and make significant contributions to science in a fun, collaborative environment with an expanded variety of research topics.
NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates (REUs) – PAID summer research across the country with top scientists. Deadlines in January and February. Search programs here: https://www.nsf.gov/crssprgm/reu/reu_search.jsp
REU: Biological Basis of Social Behavior, here at JHU, directed by Dr. Bohn includes stipend, housing and professional development. Applications open in December. https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/reu-social-behavior
Paid Summer Research in Scientific Psychology and Data Science at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
The Psychology Research Experience Program (PREP) provides intensive mentoring and experience in scientific research and professional development to undergraduates from historically underrepresented populations — those from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, those from low-income backgrounds, those with disabilities, and first-generation college students — who have expressed and demonstrated an interest in a career in scientific psychology.PREP is unique in that we have a focus on integrating principles and methods of data science into the study of psychology and neuroscience. The program features a balance of mentored laboratory research (approximately 30 hours/week), intensive “bootcamps” on technical skills (e.g., R and Python programming), faculty presentations, professional development and networking opportunities.See the link to “PREP Research Abstracts” on the right for examples from the Summer 2011-2019 programs; see “Program Highlights” under the “About PREP” link for more specifics about the program. https://psych.wisc.edu/psychological-research-experience-program/
- (9/22) The pre-vet club has been offered the opportunity to go to South Africa from May 17-29th with the Selati Wildlife Experience. The course is designed to give volunteers an in-depth insight to Veterinary Medicine and Conservation through hands on work experience, Volunteers will learn what it takes to be a Wildlife Veterinarian but will also have the golden opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and understanding Wildlife Conservation through this program. https://www.selatiwildlifeexperience.co.za Please contact Talia Raikin (email@example.com) by Friday, September 27 if you are interested.
- (09/22) Research Assistants – The Neuroplasticity and Development laboratory welcomes applications for volunteer research assistants. Previous research experience is not necessary. Research Assistants register for 3 course credits per semester and are required to make a 2-semester commitment. https://hub.jhu.edu/announcements/2019/09/23/neuroplasticity-lab-seeks-undergraduate-research-assistants/
- (09/22) Join the Pre-Veterinary Club at JHU – check out their FB page! https://www.facebook.com/groups/195333163821705/
- (09/22) The Maryland Zoo is looking for a Primate Intern and an Animal Keeper and Behavior Intern.
- (09/03) Research opportunity – The Johns Hopkins Adherence Research Center (JHARC) is seeking volunteer Research Assistants who will be responsible for assisting with a variety of research tasks for a study aimed at improving medication adherence in adolescents and young adults with chronic kidney disease via a mobile
health (mHealth) intervention.
- (09/03) Paid research opportunity – Research Assistants sought for behavioral characterization and cellular and molecular mechanisms of mouse models for psychiatric diseases. JHU School of Medicine.