Students who meet the criteria for honors will receive a special notation in the graduation program and on their transcripts.
During the semester prior to graduation, students who meet the cumulative GPA requirement for honors will receive an email from the program administrator. Note: Students will receive two emails: one from Academic Advising and one from the Behavioral Biology Office. The Academic Advising deadline is usually a month after the program deadline since the program administrator needs to verify that all honor applicants indeed meet the requirements, before submitting a final list with names to Academic Advising.
Departmental honors are conferred upon graduating seniors who meet all three of the following criteria:
- Cumulative and major GPA of at least 3.5.
- Presentation of research findings at a JHU conference: DREAMS or URS (Submit an abstract if the deadline date is prior to the presenting date, if you have presented elsewhere contact Linda White.)
- Letter of recommendation from the research mentor attesting to the student’s significant contribution to the research process. (Email directly to Linda M. White)
For honors you must submit all materials to Linda M. White.
- December 2019 conferral deadline: 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11
- May 2020 conferral deadline: 4 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21
Contact Linda White if you have any questions!
Materials for Honors
Materials must include the following and be emailed to Linda M. White:
- Unofficial transcript
- Behavioral Biology GPA worksheet
- Proof of presentation. Students should make an effort to obtain some proof of presentation upon completion of their chosen poster session or symposium. Please submit a copy rather than an original, as application materials will not be returned.
- Letter of recommendation. A student’s mentor must complete and email a letter of recommendation prior to the student’s submitting their packet to the Academic Program Administrator, Linda M. White.