Students who meet the criteria for honors will receive a special notation in the graduation program and on their transcripts.
During the semester prior to graduation, students who meet the cumulative GPA requirement for honors will receive an email from the program administrator. Note: Students will receive two emails: one from Academic Advising and one from the Behavioral Biology Office. The Academic Advising deadline is usually a month after the program deadline since the program administrator needs to verify that all honor applicants indeed meet the requirements, before submitting a final list with names to Academic Advising.
Departmental honors are conferred upon graduating seniors who meet all three of the following criteria:
- Cumulative and major GPA of at least 3.5.
- Six credits of research related to Behavioral Biology.
- Presentation of research findings at the JHU DREAMS or if you have presented at another meeting (contact the DUS) OR completion of an Honors Thesis in Behavioral Biology. (Note the Honors thesis will completely replace a presentation as a requirement for graduates in 2025).
- Letter of recommendation from the research mentor attesting to the student’s significant contribution to the research process. (Email directly to Linda M. White)
For honors you must submit all materials to Linda M. White.
- December 2022 conferral deadline: 4 p.m. Friday, September 30th
- May 2023 conferral deadline: TBD
Contact Linda White if you have any questions!
Materials for Honors
Materials must include the following and be emailed to Linda M. White:
- Unofficial transcript
- Behavioral Biology GPA worksheet
- Proof of presentation – Students should submit proof of presentation upon completion of their presentation or a copy of the registration for presentations planned for the same semester as graduation. For the Honors Thesis the DUS and Linda M. White must be cc’d on a draft of your honors thesis sent to your mentor for revisions. Please contact Dr. Bohn immediately if you have any questions.
- Letter of recommendation. A student’s mentor must complete and email a letter of recommendation prior to the student’s submitting their packet to the Academic Program Administrator, Linda M. White.