Study abroad scholarships are available to students studying a language offered in CLE overseas during the academic year (fall, spring, and summer). A minimum of $1,000 will be awarded to individuals excelling in acquisition of the target language and demonstrating outstanding potential to maximize their language skills by studying abroad.
The scholarship is available for students who:
- Have studied at least one year (two terms) of a language offered in CLE (Arabic, Chinese, Hebrew, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, or Russian);
- Have already been accepted to a study abroad program to continue study of the language in the 2018–2019 academic year (fall, spring or summer);
- Receive a strong letter of support and recommendation from the instructor(s) of the language at CLE.
- Fall 2018: Monday, July 30, 2018
- Spring 2019: Monday, November 19, 2018
- Summer 2019: Monday, April 8, 2019
Awards will be made based on review of applications by the CLE director and language faculty.