We are following the guidelines posted at the Global Education Office website regarding program cancelations and travel restrictions. Visit their website for updated announcements regarding COVID-19 related issues, etc.
Study abroad scholarships are available to students studying a language offered in CLE overseas during the academic year (fall, spring, and summer). A minimum of $1,000 will be awarded to individuals excelling in acquisition of the target language and demonstrating outstanding potential to maximize their language skills by studying abroad.
The scholarship is available for students who:
- Have studied at least one year (two terms) of a language offered in CLE (Arabic, Chinese, Haitian-Creole, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, or Russian);
- Have already been accepted to a study abroad program to continue study of the language in the 2022–2023 academic year (spring or summer);
- Receive a strong letter of support and recommendation from the instructor(s) of the language at CLE.
- Fall 2022: Monday, August 1, 2022
- Spring 2023: Thursday, December 1, 2022
- Summer 2023: Monday, April 3, 2023
Awards will be made based on review of applications by the CLE director and language faculty.