AGHI Graduate Research Fellowship
AGHI is accepting applications from Ph.D. students in the 13 humanities departments in KSAS, including the Anthropology, Political Theory, Sociology, and History of Medicine programs, to become AGHI Graduate Research Fellows.
The upcoming one-semester fellowships:
- Are tenable in the Spring 2024 semester
- Provide a full KSAS stipend, along with tuition costs equal to 20% of KSAS resident-student tuition, for the Spring 2024 semester
- Are intended to replace any departmental teaching requirements
- Will come with access to AGHI space for work and meetings
AGHI fellows will be in the final stages of their dissertations with a high likelihood of completing their dissertations by the end of the academic year of the fellowship. Fellows will be free to devote their time to writing with few distractions and will only be expected to attend AGHI-sponsored events and meet as a group twice monthly with a faculty mentor to workshop their dissertations. The fellowship will run from January 16th – May 31st.
We will begin accepting applications beginning January 1, 2023. Complete the application on Interfolio by February 28, 2023. Decisions will be made by the end of March or early April.
*The following documents must be submitted as PDF files and named “last name, first name – description” (i.e. Smith, John – transcript):
- Concise (max. 500 words) abstract of the dissertation, including its methods and approaches and its greater significance for the humanities
- Statement of work already accomplished and plan for work still to be done
- Letter of recommendation from your adviser