The Aronson Center for International Studies and the International Studies Leadership Council are proud to present the Aronson Center for International Studies 2021 Speaker Series. All speaker events are free and open to the public. See below for the series topics, dates, times, and locations. Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
September 27 @ 7:00pm – Is the Olympics Worth It?
- Presenter: Dr. Tara Kirk Sell, Senior Scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, Assistant Professor in the Department of Environmental Health and Engineering at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, and 2004 Olympic silver medalist
- Zoom Meeting Link: https://zoom.us/j/93352452717
October 12 @ 7:00pm – Withdrawing from Afghanistan: How Ending America’s Longest War Impacts the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- Presenter: Professor Robert O. Freedman, Department of Political Science, Johns Hopkins University
- Location: Gilman Hall 132
October 25 @ 7:00pm – Climate Change and Capitalism: The Cost of Our Modern Lifestyle
- Presenters: Assistant Professor Sarah Jordaan, Department of Energy, Resources, and Environment, Johns Hopkins SAIS; Lana Weidgenant, Deputy Director, Zero Hour; Sophia Kianni, student activist
- Zoom Meeting Link: https://zoom.us/j/93051097973
November 8 @ 7:00pm – The Rise of Cross-National Conspiracy Theories
- Presenters: Associate Professor Heidi Tworek, University of British Columbia, Vancouver; Peter Pomerantsev, Senior Fellow, SNF Agora Institute, Johns Hopkins University; Associate Professor Leticia Bode, Georgetown University
- Zoom Meeting Link: https://zoom.us/j/94818664461