The Brown Family Travel Fund is an endowment supported by the H.L. and Elizabeth M. Brown Foundation. The fund is geared toward rising or current seniors in the international studies program. Funding for travel-related expenses is awarded based on submitted proposals for projects (research projects, international conferences, etc.) that students wish to complete during their senior year or the summer preceding it.
The amount of the stipend is limited and will be determined based on available funds and the number of selected students. The stipend may be used by students to partially support the costs of transportation and reasonable lodging expenses in the foreign country.
Should you wish to submit a proposal for funding by the Brown Family Travel Fund, please send a one-page summary of your proposed project, an unofficial copy of your transcript, and a proposed budget to International Studies Program Director Sydney Van Morgan (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the appropriate deadline:
- November 30: Intersession/Spring projects
- April 1: Summer/Fall projects
- Emily Pastrana, for travel to/from and research in Cuba during intersession
- Grace Scott, for work as a teaching assistant coordinator for an international boarding school in Beijing, China
- Corey Payne, for travel related to the intersession course “Japan: Politics and History”
- Dennis Hong, for travel to 2014 Asia Investment Banking Conference in Korea